405 7th St, Waterloo, NE 68069, United States

Need help? Contact Us!402-779-4250

Stoves and Heaters

_DAS5115Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless and tasteless gas produced from incomplete combustion of many types of materials. Common sources of CO in the household are appliances that require the combustion of fuels (gas or wood): these may include stoves and ovens, furnaces and fireplaces, portable generators, and wood burning stoves. An idling car in a garage that is not well ventilated may also produce dangerous volumes of carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide detectors are now widely available and are recommended if a household has any chance of exposure to the toxic gas .

Carbon monoxide will displace oxygen in the bloodstream, which is required by all living cells of the body for normal function. Even short exposures to high concentrations of CO can be very dangerous if not lethal. Signs of carbon monoxide exposure include headache and tightening of the forehead, confusion, dizziness, nausea and vomiting, and in severe cases coma and (or) death. If you notice anyone exhibiting signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure, dial 911 immediately. Shut down or turn off any potential sources of the gas and leave the premises promptly.

Smoke Detector Services

Call the station at (402) 779-4250 leave a message to schedule a free installation.

Burn Permit Info

WFD issues Burn Permits free of charge. Permits can be obtained at the Waterloo Fire Station on Wednesday nights between 7-9pm.

Request A Public Relations Event

(Click here link) Receiving: PR@waterloofire.com Receiving:          Email to 808

Child Safety

  • Poisons

    One of many hazards children face in the home is the potential for accidental poisoning. Nearly 90 percent of all poisonings occur at a child’s own home. In roughly half of all cases involving accidental poisoning, the individual is under 5 years of age. To limit the potential for such tragedies, caretakers are encouraged to store potential poisons (including medications, alcohol, houseplants, and cleaning agents) out of reach and out of sight of children. Items that would otherwise be within reach of a child should be stowed in cabinets or drawers using child-resistance locking devices. Should an accident occur, use the Poison Control hotline (1-800-222-1222) and 911 for immediate assistance. Both phone numbers should be in highly visible locations for quick reference.